Sunday, September 22, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCCPRP500-LTD 5-Quart Round Programmable Slow Cooker, Limited Edition Pattern

Crock-Pot SCCPRP500-LTD 5-Quart Round Programmable Slow Cooker, Limited Edition Pattern




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Works well
I've used this crock pot a couple of times now and I have been very pleased with it. I like the warming function when it's done cooking.

Several reviewers claimed that the crock pot runs hot. Something that you have to keep in mind--as is noted in the directions--is that you have to fill the crock pot at least half full. If you don't put enough in the crock pot it will run hotter than normal. The first time I used the pot, I only filled it about 1/4 full and the liquid did boil, as other reviewers have mentioned. Lesson learned; I have an old, 3-quart crock pot that I use if I know the recipe won't fill this pot adequately.

I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Bring this special Crocktober Limited Edition Crock-Pot slow cooker into your home this season. Full of Crocktober spirit and overflowing with all of the comforts the Fall season brings, this slow cooker will make coming home to a delicious, inviting home made meal even better. The Crock-Pot Smart-Pot programmable slow cooker does all of the thinking so you don’t have to. Simply set the cooking time on “High” for 4 or 6 hours or on “Low” for 8 or 10 hours and go about your day. And, there’s no need to worry when you’re running a few minutes late. After the pre-selected cooking time is complete, your Crock-Pot Smart-Pot Slow Cooker will automatically shift to the “Warm” setting, preserving the flavor of your meal and ensur...

  • 5-quart round capacity stoneware feeds up to 5 or more people
  • 4 programmable pre-set time settings are easy to use
  • Dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid for easy clean-up
  • Crocktober Limited Edition Pattern brings all of the Fall comforts into your home
  • Automatically shifts to warm when cooking is done




So far, so good!
I've had this a couple months now, and have used it half a dozen times. So far there are no complaints, it's easy to use (which was important - my cooking skills are lacking) and the pot is a good size (not too big when only being used for one or two people). Even better, I can cook extra, and stick it in the fridge for leftovers!

I will say that it cooks a little faster than the times given in the manual. What worked for me was adding additional liquid before I left the house, and making sure the crock-pot was set on one time setting below what was recommended. If I needed to, I could just turn it up when I got back home, but I haven't had to do that yet.

For the price, it's a great buy, and has a lot more features than any other crock-pot I've seen in this price range.

** UPDATE 8/11/2013 **

Had this for more than a year now, and I still love it. I use it pretty regularly and it still works great. The cook time is still a little fast,...
Great deal on a large crockpot.
When my wife told me she was looking at a larger Crockpot at a local drug store and told me the price I said let's look on Amazon. Sure enough we found an even better one for for less money. She used it for the stuffing for Thanksgiving to save oven space which is always at a premium on big family holidays. She is very happy with it and we highly recommend it for anyone needing a large crockpot. The autumn motif is very attractive as well.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCCPRP500-LTD 5-Quart Round Programmable Slow Cooker, Limited Edition Pattern from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment