Sunday, September 29, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCCPVP550-B Programmable Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot SCCPVP550-B Programmable Slow Cooker




How To Use a Crock-Pot



It is NOT really programmable
I finally decided to buy a slow cooker today, and decided to just get one at a local store instead of waiting for a delivery. This was the nicest looking one at the store, and without examining the box closely, it IMPLIED that it is programmable.

But it is not what I would call "programmable". You can select from only 4 settings:
- High for 4 hours
- High for 6 hours
- Low for 8 hours
- Low for 10 hours

That doesn't do me much good when I need to cook a recipe on Low for 4 hours. I will have to be home at the end of the four hours to manually turn it off or switch to warm.

I wish I had discovered this before I put food in it. I would've taken it right back to the store, and ordered a REAL programmable slow cooker from Amazon. Now I'm stuck with it. :-(

The Crock-Pot Smart-Pot Slow Cooker does the thinking so you don't have to. Simply set the cooking time on " High" for 4 or 6 hours or on " Low" for 8 or 10 hours and go about your day. and, there's no need to worry when you're running a few minutes late. After the pre-selected cooking time is complete, your Crock-Pot Smart-Pot Slow Cooker will automatically shift to the " Warm" setting, preserving the flavor of your meal and ensuring your meal is ready to enjoy when you are. Also included is a 80+ page cookbook with some of our most popular slow cooking recipes.Serving your dish is effortless. The 5.5-quart, removable stoneware provides a smooth transition from countertop to tabletop – no other dishes necessary. Plus the stoneware and gl...

  • 5.5 Quart capacity
  • Four convenient time settings
  • Automatically shifts to warm when cooking is done
  • Removable oval stoneware
  • Dishwasher safe stoneware and lid




Easy simple to use Crock Pot.
I looked all over to replace my old crock pot which, was this model. I read all the reviews. Looked at all the jazzy expensive upggraded newer models. In the end , I came back to this one.
It is well priced, easy to use, big enough to make large crocks of soup, stews, whatever. What is most invauluable to me though, is the automatic warming feature.
I can not tell you how many times I have gone to bed with chicken or a pot roast in the pot only to wake up to a dried up mess I have to throw out.
In my opinion I not not feel the warming feature is too hot. It has been a life saver for me and my food has always turned out well. I do tend to use alot of vegatbale or chicken stock when cooking meats so, maybe that is why the warming feature is not too hot for me. My meats stay tender even as I sleep through the night. The next day I just drain excess liquid off. I love this Crockpot and this is my second one. I also have bought this model as gifts. They ate well received.





More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCCPVP550-B Programmable Slow Cooker from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment