Friday, September 27, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCCPVP650AS-S iStir Automatic Stirring Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot SCCPVP650AS-S iStir Automatic Stirring Slow Cooker




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Marvelous Machine!
I have never been one to use slow-cookers; in fact, I've never owned one before. In addition to the fact that my appetite doesn't have the patience, there is something about the idea of letting a pot cook a meal for you that annoys the cook in me. And when Amazon offered me the iStir Crock-Pot, with an automatic stirring attachment, I thought, well don't I get to do anything? However, as the price was right, I figured why not.

First of all, the cooker is sturdy and clearly well-made, assuaging any reservations I may have had concerning the safety of leaving it on for hours by itself. I liked the fact that it comes with two different stir attachments, one for stew and one for other types of food, and that the pot can be used without the stirring attachment at all, should you prefer to stir the food yourself.

To test it out, I decided to try one of my favorite dishes, Italian Sausage & Peppers. After washing the pot and cover in warm soapy water, I prepared my...

6-1/2-quart slow cooker automatically stirs food using special stirring system with mixing paddles. view larger Cooks and stirs all day--even when the cook's away. view larger Automatic stirring attachment attaches to the plug and locks into place. view larger Select automatic stirring attachment and attach it to the lid assembly. view larger Classic lid handle attaches easily for meals that don't need to be stirred. view larger Automatically stirs for five minutes every half hour; "pulse" for an optional one-minute stir at any time. view larger Piggy-back-style plug allows cooker and stirring mechanism to be plugged in using only one outlet. view larger Digital pre-set controls for high and low settin...

  • Automatically stirs your food so you don't have to
  • Automatic stirring improves flavor and texture, heats food more evenly and prevents build-up and burnt edges on stoneware
  • Stirring system can easily be switched to regular lid handle (included)
  • Slow cooker and stirring system plug into each other to use just one outlet
  • Programmable cooking controls




Super improvement over the standard pot!
My 2 previous pots have been original Crock-Pots so I was thrilled to be able to stick with what I consider to be the best brand.
This is a nice large deep pot with plenty of room for a whole dinner. It is very heavy so if you want something light weight then this won't make you happy but I like the heavier weight because I feel that the thickness of the glass pot makes for a more even temperature and I appreciate the fact that it doesn't feel like something that will tip over easily while it's in use.
The controls are very easy to figure out and the explanations in the enclosed flyer make it simple to understand.
The stirrer functuntion is an add on that is enclosed - you don't have to use the stirring mechanism with every meal but when you want it it's there. I especially liked the digital controls and the ability to have the machine pause when It's opened.
The lid has a nice attached rubber seal and has clips that easily lock the top down - a really nice feature...
Cooks great, but has some flaws
I was in desperate need of a new crock-pot when Vine offered this one. My previous one had been damaged moving and had to be tossed. This Crock-Pot is much nicer looking and a much better quality than my old one. I was especially excited to try the new iStir feature.

The first thing I made in this Crock-Pot was Kung Pao Chicken. This particular recipe called for cooking the chicken three hours, then removing and cubing the chicken. Then you added the chicken back into the Crock-Pot with the sauce and chopped peppers/onions to simmer for another 30 minutes. I used the regular top to cook the chicken and then switched it out for the iStir top. Since the iStir top shuts down after 5 minutes and doesn't restart for another 30 minutes, I had to keep going in and pressing the power button to stir my mixture. This was a little bit of a pain. I wish it had the option to continuous stir for recipes like this.

Another issue I had was that it made my counter REALLY hot. Hot...




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCCPVP650AS-S iStir Automatic Stirring Slow Cooker from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment