Friday, September 20, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCRP500-SP 5-Quart Smudge Proof Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot SCRP500-SP 5-Quart Smudge Proof Slow Cooker




How To Use a Crock-Pot



BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT!
What a great price for so many nice features. I bought this product through a membership store awhile ago. In the beginning it worked Great! I was so delighted that I began to use it more and more. Then all of a sudden I raised the lid, after cooking, and ended up holding only the handle in my hand. This type of lid appears to be made by one company as they are all made the same. I needed to use tongs to get the lid off. Once off I looked at the lid and the handle. I discovered that the plastic of the handle which was holding the nut for the crew had actually melted. I pushed the two pieces back together and when cooled it was tight again. I did use the appliance a couple of times with the assistance of tongs. However, one of the side handles was also starting to drop pieces of plastic onto the counter. This machine must really get HOT for it to melt the plastic. It was unsafe to use. I hope this information is helpful.

The smart way to slow cook with easy, one-touch settings, making mealtime a snap. Forgo fast food stops or expensive take-out and enjoy a home-cooked meal anytime. An ideal slow cooker for busy households with flexible cooking times that allow you to cook a meal at the start of a day so that you can come home to a wholesome, nutritious meal without the hassle. Choose 4-6 hour cook times at the Low setting or 8-10 hour cook times at the High setting. When cook time is finished, the Crock-Pot slow cooker will automatically shift to warm setting until you are ready to serve. The 5-quart round stoneware capacity is an ideal size and shape for chilis and soups and up to 5 pounds or servings for 5 or more people. Removable, dishwasher-safe stonew...

  • 5-Quart capacity feeds 5 or more people
  • Four convenient time settings
  • Automatically shifts to warm when cooking is done
  • Dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid




I have had great luck with my Crock Pot
I have had great luck with my crock pot and no problems with the handles. I also have cookware with the same type of glass cover and handles and it has been trouble free also. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer about the problem? I have found that most companies are receptive to their customers problems. At the very least they listen. If I were you I would call them or write a letter explaining the problem to see if they will to anything for you. It might depend on the age of the crock pot, but it is definitely worth a try. Best of luck!
Crock-Pot SCRP500-SP 5-Quart Smudge Proof Slow Cooker
The crock pot works fine and looks nice. I had hoped that the timer would work differently. As is, you can only choose 4 set settings and the warm setting only works after the other time is finished. It would be nice to be able to use just the warm setting on it's own.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCRP500-SP 5-Quart Smudge Proof Slow Cooker from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment