Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCCPVL605-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel

Crock-Pot SCCPVL605-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel




How To Use a Crock-Pot



I love my Crock Pot, but with a caveat
I bought one of these Crock Pots locally about a month ago. I brought it home and washed the stoneware insert thoroughly, and then made a pot roast with vegetables. It made the house smell great during cooking, and my family commented on how tender the meat was. Unfortunately, everyone noticed a slight "plastic" taste to the food. I was surprised and disappointed since I made sure to thoroughly wash the insert in hot water. I chalked it up to the fact that I was using it for the first time. Well, after six separate meals with thorough washing in between, each and every meal has had this plastic taste to it, no matter what I made. I have to assume that the black paint on the stoneware insert is somehow leeching into the food. I contacted Crock Pot at their website and sent them a message describing my dilemma and they responded by apologizing and offering to send me a new unit, free of charge. Now that is what I call customer service! I haven't received the new unit yet but when I do I...

The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker keeps up with your busy, on-the-go lifestyle. The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker does the thinking so you don’t have to. Simply set the cooking time on “High” for 4 or 6 hours or on “Low” for 8 or 10 hours and go about your day. And, there’s no need to worry when you’re running a few minutes late. After the pre-selected cooking time is complete, your Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker will automatically shift to the “Warm” setting, preserving the flavor of your meal and ensuring your meal is ready to enjoy when you are. No matter the recipe or the occasion, your Crock-Pot slow cooker keeps the temperature steady so your food is cooked to per...

  • 6-quart capacity is perfect for 7 or more people or a 6-pound roast
  • Easy-to-use locking lid featuring lid gasket provides extra seal for less mess on-the-go
  • Smart-Pot pre-set digital control for up to 10 hours lets you program cook times anywhere from 30 minutes up to 20 hours
  • Shifts to warm setting automatically once the cook time is complete
  • Removable oval stoneware that is also stylish for your table




Slow cooker
Though Crock pot is programmable there is only 4 options for time 2,4,6,or 8 hrs. You cannot program for odd number hours and cannot program the High or low settings. If time is short then cooker is on High setting and if 6 or 8 hrs are picked then cooker is on Low. Also does not seem to go to warm automatically which was a nice option in my previous cooker. Lid is attach well and does not leak during transport as it has a rubber gasket.
Amazing Customer Service
Wow. I will totally support this company. My old crock pot lost one of the black "feet" and it wobbled. I called for a replacement foot. They didn't have one so they sent me this model at no cost. I am thrilled and love companies that stand behind their products. Awesome!




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCCPVL605-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment