Sunday, September 22, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCV401TR 4-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, Red

Crock-Pot SCV401TR 4-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, Red




How To Use a Crock-Pot



No different than any other crock pot in a GOOD way!
I bought this crock pot a little leary because of some of the reviews on here saying it gets too hot, burns food, etc. I thought for the price it would be easy to return and/or replace if needed. This is not only an excellent price for a large crock pot but it works just as good or better than any slow cooker I've owned, and that includes a Weir programmable slow cooker costing $150! This is it's replacement and after using it 10 times this is what I've found versus the complaints I've read on here:

1) Yes, it's a slow cooker and the base is stainless steel, it conducts heat and does get hot but no hotter than any other stainless steel based slow cooker I've ever owned. It even warns you in the instruction booklet it will get hot and not to touch it while on and to use the handles if you need to move it.

2)I'm not sure what kind or type of slow cookers the complainers have had in the past but yes, there is SIMMERING which is normal for the low setting. If it...

Simply perfect. Simply delicious. Crock-Pot Slow Cookers make mealtime and entertaining more flavorful. Turn the dial to “High” and get a hot meal, snack, appetizer or dip in no time. Set it on “Low” and tonight’s dinner can cook while you’re at work. Or use the “Warm” setting during a get together with friends so your dish stays ready to eat until the party is over. No matter the recipe or the occasion, your Crock-Pot Slow Cooker keeps the temperature steady so your food is cooked to perfection, full of flavor and delicious. To keep clean up easy, the 4-quart removable oval stoneware slides right out of the base for easy transport to the table or storage in the fridge. And both the stoneware and lid are dishwasher-safe. Cro...

  • 4-quart oval stoneware
  • High, low and warm settings are perfect for making chilis, stews, sauces and more
  • Perfect for four or more people or a four pound roast
  • Dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid
  • Measures approximately 12 x 9 x 12 inches




Great!
I was looking for a crockpot that wasn't too large and wasn't too expensive. This product fit the bill.

The lid is treated glass so, you can see the food cooking without lifting the lid. The lid handle stays cool during the cooking, so you won't burn your fingers if you touch it. The ceramic cooker is sturdy and alittle heavy. It can become slippery when wet, so be careful while washing it in the sink. Also be careful because the handles on the cooker and the metal base can become very hot during cooking. So keep potholders nearby.

The cooker can accomodate a 3.5-4 pound whole chicken and 4 pound roasts. It's oval shape enables these foods to fit well. It comes with a small instruction manual that includes some recipes.

So far, I've cooked whole grain cereal (barley and cracked wheat), stews, whole chickens, corned-beef, and turkey legs. They've turned out good. However, since I'm new to slow-cooking, the first attempts were abit off because I cooked...
I don't see what the problem is...
I read a lot of reviews before I bought this and most of them weren't very good. I took a chance and bought it anyway because it was the easiest brand to find in a store. My oven is broken so I needed one of these right away. I don't see what the problem is and actually I love this crock pot. I didn't have any problems with it leaking or with the lid not fitting. The heat seemed appropriate for the setting. Maybe I got lucky? For the price, I think this crock pot is perfect. I wish they made this size programmable. I'm not really sure why they don't. That would be my only complaint but I still give it 5 stars because I got what I bought and I'm very happy with it.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCV401TR 4-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, Red from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment