Saturday, October 12, 2013

How To Use a Classic Crock-pot the Original Slow Cooker 5 Qt. SCR509B-A Black

Classic Crock-pot the Original Slow Cooker 5 Qt. SCR509B-A Black




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Too hot for all day cooking
I've used this slow cooker twice while I was at work and contacted the company because the food was bubbling fiercely and caked to the sides after cooking on low all day. They told me that the low and high settings use the same temperature, but the high setting gets there faster. The appliance is beautiful and the quality seems to be very high, but if I can't cook a meal while I'm at work, then I have no use for it. This one's going to Goodwill.



  • Convenient Warm Setting
  • Removable Stoneware
  • Dishwasher Safe Stoneware and Lid
  • Recipes Included
  • Uses Less Energy than Conventional Oven




Good basic slow cooker
This is almost exactly like the silver one on here that has some bad reviews, so I will keep this brief. I have this slow cooker and also a Hamilton Beach. I use both a lot and they are a few years old, so they don't have the locking lids to carry them or anything too fancy beyond the warm, low, high settings.

Mine has a glass lid, and it does sputter sometimes while cooking and also sometimes gets the counter a little wet, but very minimally. I have noticed that this gets hotter than my other one, so if I am home and want things done in 4-6 hours instead of being gone 8-10 hours, I use this one. Even on low, this gets things done quicker. I have never had things burn while I'm gone, but I always have it on low for overnight or for when we're gone all day.

I also have this round one and an oval. I do prefer the round one, and this size is great for feeding a large family or group. I make 6 pound roasts in it often for BBQ sandwiches or pork taco meat or...
Too hot
Put a beautiful roast in to SLOW cook. Got to hot. Came back to a dry tough piece of meat




More information on how to buy Classic Crock-pot the Original Slow Cooker 5 Qt. SCR509B-A Black from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment