Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCCPVG000 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Warmer, White

Crock-Pot SCCPVG000 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Warmer, White




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Doesn't work as intended. Sorry, but don't buy it.
For the first time since the brand CROCK POT was invented, I am disappointed with one of their products - this item.

It doesn't keep the gravy warm. AT ALL. I used a thermometer and the hottest I could get this to was 130 degrees.

When I emailed Rival, they said it is supposed to be at 160 degrees.
I wrote them back, saying it only works at 130 degrees, and they never
responded.

This is what I did to try to get it to work: I filled the boat with boiling hot water, let that sit awhile, dumped that out, then put boiling hot gravy in the boat. It cooled off in no time.

VERY disappointed - before I purchased this tiem, I LOVED the idea - I thought it was PERFECT. I bought THREE of them. Bad idea.

Sorry, I want to write good reviews only but I don't want anyone else to get ripped off like I did.

The Crockpot Electric Gravy Warmer is a must have for entertaining. Simply fill the 18-ounce removable gravy crock with your pre-heated gravy or sauces. 18-ounce crock holds up to 2-1/4-cups of liquid. Just plug in and the heating base will keep your gravy or sauces at the ideal temperature for entertaining. Removable gravy crock comes out of the heating base for easy pouring and serving. Detachable cord allows you to go easily from counter to tabletop for further convenience. Dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid make clean up a snap.

  • 18-ounce capacity holds up to 2-1/4-cups of liquid
  • Electric heating base keeps your gravy and sauces at the ideal temperature while entertaining
  • Removable gravy crock for easy pouring and serving
  • Detachable cord for further tabletop convenience
  • Removable gravy crock is dishwasher-safe
  • 18 ounce capacity holds up to 2 and 1/4 cups of liquid
  • Detachable cord for further table-top convenience
  • Removable gravy crock is dishwasher safe




I don't see the point.
It's a waste of electric and money as far as I'm concerned. Since you need to microwave or heat the gravy before placing it in the warmer , why not just microwave or make it before bringing it to the table. In addition the lid is not flush with the boat allowing heat to escape when it's in use as a warmer. Interesting idea ,poorly executed.
Gravy Warmer
PROS: It keeps your gravy warm, but not too hot. It's very convenient. It eliminates that frustration of finding your meal is done but that you've forgotten to warm the gravy. Or that it's grown cold. Also keeps your stove clean since gravy tends to pop all over the place if it isn't stirred constantly.

CONS: It's a bit heavy and awkward to hold. Two of my fingers fit through the handle. The weight of it ensures that you'll have to use two hands to pour. My husband had issues with the lid and dropped it into the gravy twice. When I used it, I didn't have a problem. While I know this will come in handy at Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's not the sort of thing I see us using every day.

3.5 - 4 STARS: Though lovely and convenient, I'm not sure how much use it will receive.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCCPVG000 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Warmer, White from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment