Friday, October 4, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCCPBP600S 6-Quart Oval Programmable Slow Cooker, Brushed Stainless Steel

Crock-Pot SCCPBP600S 6-Quart Oval Programmable Slow Cooker, Brushed Stainless Steel




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Slow cooker that really does cook slow!
I've used this Crock-Pot several times in the few weeks that I've owned it, and I can say that I am truly more than pleased with this purchase! My previous slow cooker was a Rival Brand crockpot which tended to boil my food on low. I never felt comfortable leaving my old slow cooker on while I was at work for 9+ hours each day. For any recipe that called for 8 hours of low cooking time, the meal would be ready within 3-4 hours and would start to scortch the sides shortly after!

When I started my search for a new crockpot, I considered all options, including high end ranges like All Clad and Breville. I'm MORE than thrilled that I went the route of this Crock-Pot. Yes, it isn't as "programmable" as some (it's options for cooking are ONLY low: 8 or 10 hours and high: 4 or 6 hours - it also has a WARM setting).

For my very first use, I decided that I would try it on a Saturday, when I could monitor how the slow cooker actually cooked the food. I didn't really...

Attractive. Sophisticated. Smart. Just like you. The Crock-Pot Designer Series Slow Cooker is entertaining elevated. From Wednesday night dinner at home to the neighborhood progressive dinner, the Designer Series turns meals into moments to remember. Now you can enjoy more time with family and friends while your Crock-Pot Slow Cooker does the work. The stunningly beautiful design with stainless steel and black accents fits perfectly into kitchens everywhere. Its understated elegance turns heads and defies expectations. Modern, programmable cooking controls provide one-touch versatility so you can manage your meals while you’re away. Simply set the cooking time on “High” for 4 or 6 hours or on “Low” for 8 or 10 hours and go about ...

  • 6-quart oval stoneware
  • Four programmable time setting options provide one-touch versatility and automatically shifts to warm once the cook time is complete
  • Perfect for seven or more people or a six pound roast
  • Dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid; convenient cord storage
  • Measures approximately 20.0 by 12.0 by 15.8 inches




Great basic crock pot
We bought this crock pot as a replacement for our old one.

I was slightly hesitant to buy one after reading so many negative reviews from others.

I removed the crock from the box, washed the stone pot with soap and warm water, and tossed in the ingredients for a white chili. 6 hours later it was perfect. The temperature settings on this one are much better than our old one. On our old one "low" meant "slightly rolling boil after 3 hours" and "high" meant "tastes like burning" (Thanks Ralph Wiggums!) if you didn't watch the pot.

This one is great, "low" is really "low" and "high" is not going to ruin the meal. Plus, it will switch to "keep warm" automatically so it doesn't overcook something.

There were no unusual smells from the unit (other than typical "first time use" smells from an appliance) and the gasket worked just fine.

We cook 1-2 meals a week in cold weather with our crock, so its getting a workout.

We...
Melted!
We love our Crock-Pot, but this specific version melted. The plastic base got so hot that it melted directly into the ceramic insert. We are extremely lucky there wasn't a fire. After calling Crock-Pot they agreed to exchange it for another slow cooker. Unfortunately we were sent the exact same Crock-Pot which I'm not too thrilled about using unless I'm at home. This completely defeats the purpose of using a slow cooker. I'm thinking about throwing it away and starting over with another brand that won't be a fire hazard.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCCPBP600S 6-Quart Oval Programmable Slow Cooker, Brushed Stainless Steel from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment