Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCR500-GF 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White

Crock-Pot SCR500-GF 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Great crockpot, crappy lid!
I love this crockpot. I now have, however, a lid without a handle. The plastic handle is just a bad design, period. Its not snug enough that funk won't get underneath it if you soak it, so it traps gunk in there. There is no way to tighten it when it starts to loosen. Eventually mine came off in my hand. I will still use the lid with a pliers because I like the crockpot itself. Whatever happened to the design where the lid and the handle were all one piece of glass? Bring that back!

This 5-quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker has 3 heat settings, including keep Warm, and features a fun flower print that will fit in perfectly with your serving peices or dishware! The removable round stoneware is dishwasher safe and has a Rinse Clean¿ stick-resistant coating.

  • 5-quart round slow cooker provides 3 heat settings, including keep warm
  • Removable round stoneware with Rinse-Clean stick-resistant coating
  • Stay-cool side handles; tempered glass lid helps hold in heat and moisture
  • Dishwasher-safe insert and lid; user guide with recipes included
  • Measures 14 by 14 by 14-1/6 inches; 1-year limited warranty




Great crockpot
I had one of the newer Smartpot crock pots and found that it got way too hot. I then purchased this one and is much more consistent and works very well.
Definitely cooks too hot on low
I have owned a LOT of crockpots. In fact, as we speak I not only have this one, but also a 1 quart, 3 quart, 7 quart and 18 quart. I liked the pretty looks of this one, but I agree with the other reviewers that said it cooks too hot on the low temperature. You MUST have your crockpot about 3/4 full or so to avoid it. High liquid recipes like broth based soups are ok, but thicker food like stew, chili, etc. are inclined to burn if left for a long time.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCR500-GF 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment