Sunday, October 6, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot BBQ Pit Deluxe Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot BBQ Pit Deluxe Slow Cooker




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Indoor BBQ pit makes succulent BBQ a year-round reality!
I got the Rival CrockPot BBQ Pit for my birthday in mid-December and I've used it several times since then, for chicken, ribs, and a decent-sized brisket.

First things first - read the instructions, which are brief and easy to understand, before using the BBQ Pit. One drawback to the instructions is that they just say the stoneware insert's easy to clean. Baked-on meat drippings, however, require significant effort to remove, and I advise you to spray the insert with a Pam-like product before each time you cook.

The BBQ Pit comes with a convenient reversable rack that can accomodate either ribs or a roast or chicken. I had a large brisket that I sort of had to shoehorn in, but after a few hours it had shrunk so that I could move it around easily. It's important to avoid letting the meat come in contact with the inside of the stoneware insert, because it might burn.

The BBQ Pit cooks meat at a low temperature, perfect for ribs or brisket which tend...

Holds up to 7 Pound Roast or 3 Slabs of Ribs / High and Low Settings / Dishwasher Safe Stoneware / BLACK Easy 2-Step cooking Holds up to 3 racks of ribs or chicken pieces for perfect cooking or turn rack over to hold a 7 lb roast Indoor convenience Measures approx. 19L x 16W x 12H Durable stoneware pan is dishwasher safe & removable for easy clean up

  • The Perfect Solution for Flavorful, Tender, Barbecue Slow Roast Flavor. Tender Results Every Time - Delicious Fall Off the Bone Meat!
  • Easy to Use - High and Low Temperature Settings. Turn it on and cook all day!
  • Includes Multi-Use Rib and Roasting Rack. Holds 3 Racks of Ribs or a 12 lb. Roast
  • Dishwasher Safe Stoneware
  • Includes specialized recipe book with BBQ favorites including glazes and rubs




OK , But I Prefer My Smoker
Just as I was about to get rid of this thing I took a few minutes and read what others on Amazon had to say about this item, decided to try some of the suggestions, and went and gave it a second chance.

Lining the bottom with aluminum and putting a sheet of aluminum over the cooking area before closing the lid made all the difference (as did leaving it alone and not lifting the lid for the first several hours, and only lifting a total of one time to baste) for both cooking the meat and cleaning the unit. I also only added a little bit of beer and water to the drip pan before cooking. This seemed to help keep the meat tender (without oversteaming it) and even helped brown it a bit.

Still, there are some lingering problems. I don't know why RIVAL did not put a "warm" setting on the switch like they do with the crock-pot, which we use all the time. Also, that meat rack is dysfunctional. If you try and put the ribs or chicken pieces in the "rack rows" created...
Crock-Pot Pit BBQ
After reading reviews on this item on other sites, I decided that I wanted one.

I tried it with a whole chicken so far and it was "fall off the bone good". My next test will be ribs. Can't wait.

The only complaint I had was, that when I recieved it. It didn't come with any instruction manual. I assume it was just missed. But I came to Amazon.com and was able to print one out.




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot BBQ Pit Deluxe Slow Cooker from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment