Friday, October 11, 2013

How To Use a Crock-Pot SCRS507 5-Quart Round Countdown Slow Cooker, White

Crock-Pot SCRS507 5-Quart Round Countdown Slow Cooker, White




How To Use a Crock-Pot



Great Crockpot
I received this for my bridal shower. I'd registered for the SCRC500-W but apparently, it's no longer available and this model has replaced it. I am most certainly very happy with this product. I made one of my recipes I usually cook on low on the stove top. I prepared it the night before and then in the morning, put it all into the crock pot and set it on low for 10 hours. When I got home, it was perfect. This is the first time I'd ever used a crock pot and I was very happy with the results. I very much love how once it finishes the cooking time, it will kick down to warm. It is a nice even heat that worked so well to make my dish so tender. The crock was extremely easy to clean when I was done. I'll be using this a lot.

Create home cooked meals on your schedule with the Crock-Pot SCRS507 5-Quart Round Countdown Slow Cooker. Features 5-quart removable stoneware and programmable time and temperature settings to fit your cooking needs.

  • 5-quart removable stoneware crock provides ample room and is easy to clean
  • Cooking time is programmable from 30 minutes to 20 hours
  • Automatically shifts to warm setting once the food is done
  • Easy-to-use touch pad lets you select cook time and temperature
  • See through lid allows you to check cooking progress without letting heat out




I use mine almost daily, worth every penny
I purchased this Crock Pot because my oval one wasn't cooking things properly (it didn't cook evenly especially meats). I use my pot almost daily. It cooks well and evenly. I highly recommend this model along with the Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cook Book, which explains how slow cooking works, which foods work best, and how to season when cooking in a slow cooker. I had no idea you could make desserts in a slow cooker until I read it! I plan to buy them together for a friend for her wedding present.
Used it for 5+ years. works well!
I have used the crock pot for years for many different types of meals from pulled pork to Thai food to keeping mashed potatoes warm for Thanks Giving dinner. Love it!

The only issues I have ever had are:
1. sometimes hard to clean. I find cooking with a lemon helps clean up but still can take a bit of scrubbing and the white outside shows all the splats and splatters.

2. the control panel cover came unglued. It's been working on coming undone for about year. It came off completely when I was starting to cook pulled pork for our 4th of July block party. I taped it back on but that's not going to last and given that it's starting to look a bit ratty, I'm ready for a new pot.

Our school has teacher luncheons every week and I don't drive. I love that I can load up the crock pot in the bike trailer, take it to school, plug it in and take it away, sans food, at the end of the day.

I always forget about the lid clips for transporting,...




More information on how to buy Crock-Pot SCRS507 5-Quart Round Countdown Slow Cooker, White from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment