Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How To Use a Crock Pot SCV700-B 7 Quart Black Oval Slow Cooker

Crock Pot SCV700-B 7 Quart Black Oval Slow Cooker




How To Use a Crock-Pot



DANGER DO NOT PURCHASE!!
I hesitate to give this a one star rating, but there is no zero. This item is nice looking, but beyond that it is extremely unsafe. Ok, it's downright dangerous! Right after I got it, I noticed that the sides got so hot that you could actually burn yourself by just bumping into it. I actually had to use pot holders just to move it. It boils liquids even on low or warm settings. After that, it began to leak all over the counter even when using slow cooker bags. That was when I noticed that it had been getting so hot that it actually cracked the ceramic pot insert causing the leaks. Do not waste your money with this cheap product. It does not last long enough for you to get your hard earned 25 dollars out of it.

Manual Slow Cooker: Serve six people in effortless style with the modern design and manual functions of this Crock-Pot slow cooker. The SCV700-B is ideal for all your favorite slow cooker recipes, with high, low and warm settings to accommodate varied cooking needs and time constraints. Clean up is also a snap, with removable stoneware that doubles as a serving dish complete with a dishwasher-safe glass lid.

  • 7 quart capacity; serves 9 or more people; holds a 7lb. roast
  • Removable oval stoneware
  • Dishwasher safe stoneware and lid for easy clean-up
  • Convenient warm setting keeps food warm without overcooking
  • Recipes included




Scratches and Hard to Clean
This crock pot was purchased as a replacement. My previous crock pot also had a removeable ceramic pot, but the whole bottom cracked and broke off, with a double batch of chili inside. My husband ran to the store and bought the first one he saw, which was this one. It looked fabulous. We hurriedly threw together another batch of chili in this one, and low and behold it looks like it is going to do the same thing. It has a ring around where the liquid level was. After only one use the ceramic has a light grey colored ring the whole way around at where the liquid level was. It looks dirty, but it isn't. I use my crock pot mostly for group gatherings, and having it look bad after one use is disappointing to say the least.
Not bad for the price
I recently picked up one of these inexpensive seven quart slow cookers at the local big box store. I already have a slow cooker, but it is one of the smaller sized one - 2~2 1/5 quarts.

A few weeks ago, I bought the Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces 6 Flavor Variety Pack here at Amazon. Before purchasing it, I had asked if these sauce packs could be used in a small slow cooker and was told - Yes, just a long as you could get 2 Lbs of meat into it. Looking at my slow cooker I could imagine getting that much hamburger into it with room to spare. But then I got the sauce packs and reading the instructions they recommend at least a six-quart slow cooker (doh!).

Now I've been thinking of buying a new / larger slow cooker for awhile now - but I just been waiting till I did some research and found a good deal on one. Wanting to try a couple of these new sauces, I went shopping at a few of the nearby...




More information on how to buy Crock Pot SCV700-B 7 Quart Black Oval Slow Cooker from Crock-Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment